- Born October 26, 1965, in Trieste, Italy.
- 1984: Diploma at I.T.C. "Gian Rinaldo Carli", Trieste.
- 1985-86: Cadet at the Italian Air Force Academy (Eolo IV) as an engineering student.
- 1987: Admission to the Scuola Normale Superiore as a student in Mathematics.
- 1991: Degree in Mathematics at the University of Pisa. Thesis: Tempo ottimale per sistemi lineari autonomi in spazi di Hilbert. Advisor: prof. Giuseppe Da Prato.
- 1991: Diploma in Mathematics at Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa.
- 1996: Ph.D. in Mathematics at Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa. Thesis: Periodic points for expanding maps and for their extensions Advisor: prof. Edoardo Vesentini (MGP).
- 1999-2017: Researcher in Mathematics at the University of Roma "Tor Vergata" in Mathematical Analysis (MAT/05).
- 2017-now: Associate professor in Mathematics at the University of Roma "Tor Vergata" in Mathematical Analysis (MAT/05). National Scientific Qualification 2012 (01/A3) [Report ASN].
I am interested in Number Theory, Combinatorics and Complex Analysis
(a brief survey of my recent research is given in this talk:
My Google Scholar profile is HERE and my Research Gate profile is HERE. My ORCID ID is 0000-0002-5619-3513. A complete list of my papers can be found HERE. This is a list of the main publications.
- Two Triple binomial sum supercongruences (with Tewodros Amdeberhan) Journal of Number Theory, 175 (2017), 140-157.
- Supercongruences for the Almkvist-Zudilin numbers (with Tewodros Amdeberhan). Acta Arithmetica, 173 (2016), 255-268.
- Large Peg-Army Maneuvers (with Luciano Guala', Stefano Leucci, and Emanuele Natale). 8th International Conference on Fun with Algorithms (FUN 2016), Volume 49, FUN 2016, June 8-10, 2016 - La Maddalena, Italy.
- New properties of multiple harmonic sums modulo p and p-analogues of Leshchiner's series (with Khodabakhsh Hessami Pilehrood and Tatiana Hessami Pilehrood), Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 366 (2014) 3131-3159.
- Congruences for central binomial sums and finite polylogarithms (with Sandro Mattarei), Journal of Number Theory, 133 (2013), 131-157.
- q-Analogs of some congruences involving Catalan, Advances in Applied Mathematics, 48 (2012), 603-614.
- Constraining spacetime torsion with the Moon and Mercury (with Riccardo March, Giovanni Bellettini and Simone Dell'Agnello), Physical Review D 83, 104008 (2011).
- More congruences for central binomial coefficients, Journal of Number Theory, 130 (2010), 2639-2649.
- Congruences of alternating multiple harmonic sums (with Jianqiang Zhao), Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory, 2.2 (2010), 129-159.
- New congruences for central binomial coefficients, (with Zhi-Wei Sun), Advances in Applied Mathematics, 45 (2010), 125-148
- The operad Lie is free (with Paolo Salvatore), Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 213 (2009), 224-230.
- Congruences for Sums of Binomial Coefficients (with Zhi-Wei Sun), Journal of Number Theory, 126 (2007), no.2, 287-296.
- The dinner table problem: the rectangular case, INTEGERS, A11, 6 (2006).
- A New Domino Tiling Sequence, Journal of Integer Sequences, 7, 2.3 (2004).
- Commuting Holomorphic Self-Maps of the Unit Disc, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, 24, 945-953 (2004).
- Identity Principles for Commuting Holomorphic Self-Maps of the Unit Disc (with Filippo Bracci and Fabio Vlacci), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 270, 451-473 (2002).
- The Julia-Wolff-Caratheodory theorem(s) (with Marco Abate), Contemporary Mathematics, 222, 161-172 (1999).
- Sets of Periods for Expanding Maps on Flat Manifolds, Monatshefte fur Mathematik 128, 151-157 (1999).
- Common fixed points of commuting holomorphic maps of the polydisc which are expanding on the torus, Advances in Mathematics, 138, 92-104 (1998).
In the last few years, my teaching load included the following courses:
1) Analisi Matematica 2 - CdL Matematica - Student evaluations: 2015-16, 2016-17 .
2) Analisi Matematica 1 - CdL Matematica - Student evaluations: 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15.
3) Analisi Matematica II - CdL Ing. Informatica e Ing. Informatica Online - Student evaluations: 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14.
4) Laboratorio di Matematica - CdL Matematica - Student evaluations: 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13.
5) Matematica Discreta - CdL Ing. Matematica - Student evaluations: 2009-10.
All student evaluations are conducted by the Nucleo di Valutazione di Ateneo
I am a big fan of the American Mathematical Monthly's Problem Section. Take a look at this page.
I also like to "waste" my time on earning reputation points (and learning new things) on math.stackexchange under alias Robert Z.
Every now and then I try the problems of Ponder This proposed by IBM Research.
I served as a referee for for several mathematical journals:
- Journal of Number Theory
- Advances in Mathematics
- The Ramanujan Journal
- Advances in Applied Mathematics
- American Mathematica Monthly
- Annals of Combinatorics
- Monatshefte fur Mathematik
- Journal of Integer Sequences
- Electronic Journal of Combinatorics
- Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory
- International Journal of Number Theory
- Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Series A
- Ars Combinatoria
- Integral Transforms And Special Functions
- Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Asian Journal of Mathematics
- Acta Mathematica Sinica
- Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics
- Expositiones Mathematicae
- Utilitas Mathematica.