|Articles of Association|
|News and events|
The main objects of the Association are:
- promoting research and teaching activities on celestial mechanics;
- transferring knowledge and experience from theoretical research to possible applications;
- preparing young professionals and researchers for future employment in the space industry and/or research institutions;
- keeping up-to date relevant topics for the space missions community such as mission analysis, flight dynamics and orbit control;
- addressing educational programs to be used by professional astronomers and amateurs;
- representing the celestial mechanics and astrodynamics community with respect to the public at large, the media and the scientific authorities.
The Association SIMCA has been established in Rome on the 4th of june 2001
and it is hosted by the Dept. of Mathematics of the University of Roma Tor Vergata -
Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, 00133 Roma (Italy).
SIMCA was officialy presented during CELMEC III (Third Meeting on Celestial Mechanics).
SIMCA logo by Cristina Giorgilli.
Contact person: Alessandra Celletti
Web designer: Mario Carpino