The aim of this project is to investigate open issues in Probability and Mathematical Statistics, as motivated by Cosmological and Astrophysical applications. In particular, the following main fields are covered:
- Random Fields on the Sphere: Isotropy, Gaussianity, Spectral Representations;
- Statistical Analysis of Spherical Data;
- Wavelets, Nonparametric Estimation, Image Reconstruction;
- Geometric Methods, Excursion Probabilities, Multiple Testing;
- Applications to Astrophysical Data Analysis: CMB, Cosmic Rays, Gravitational Lensing.