--2001 Professor, University of Rome II, Rome, Italy.
2010 Visiting Professor, Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada.
2010 Visiting Professor, Universitè Paris Dauphine, Paris,
2008 Visiting Professor, Ecole Normale Superiore, Paris, France.
2008 Visiting Professor, Universitè Paris Dauphine, Paris,
2007 Visiting Professor, CIRM, Marseille, France.
2007 Visiting Professor, Penn State University, State College,
2006 Visiting Professor, Universite Paris Dauphine, Paris,
2006 Visiting Professor, University of Paris XIII, Paris,
2006 Visiting Professor, University of Maryland, College Park,
2005 Visiting Researcher, CNRS, Paris, France.
2004 Visiting Professor, University of Paris 7, Paris, France.
2001 Visiting Scientist, IHES, Paris
2001 Visiting Scholar, Courant Institut, New York University,
2001--1999 Associate Professor, University of Rome II, Rome, Italy.
1999--1988 Ricercatore (Tenured Assistant Professor),
University of Rome II, Rome, Italy.
1992 Visiting Professor, Institute for Mathematical Sciences,
State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook,
1991 Visiting Scientist, Center for Applied Mathematics,
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
1990 Visiting Scientist, Center for Applied
Mathematics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
1989 Visiting Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
* 2019 International Prize Cataldo Agostinelli ed Angiola Gili Agostinelli for Mechanics or Mathematical
Physics assigned by the Italian National Academy.
* PI of the PRIN Grant Regular and stochastic behaviour in dynamical systems (PRIN 2017S35EHN), 2019- 2022.
*Principal Investigator of the European Advanced Grant Macroscopic Laws and Dynamical Systems (MALADY, ERC AdG 246953), 2010-2015.
* Editoral Board Member: Rendiconti di Matematica e delle sue applicazioni (since 2016); Communications in Mathematical Physics (2015--2020); Journal of Dynamical and Control Systems (since 2014); Bollettino Unione Matematica Italiana (since 2013); Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems (2003-2015); Nonlinearity (2002-2014, co-editor in chief 2105-219); Mathematical Physics Electronic Journal(2002-2010). Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems (since 2000).
* Referee for the following journals: Acta Mathematica, Acta Mathematica Sinica, Advances in Mathematics, Annales de l'I.H.P. Analyse Non Lin\'eaire, Annales de l'I.H.P. Probabilit\'es et Statistiques , Annales Scientifique de l'Ecole Normale Sup\'erieure, Annals of Mathematics, Annals of Probability, Annali della Scuola Normale di Pisa, Bollettino UMI, Chaos, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, Europhysics Letters, Israel Journal of Mathematics, Inventiones, Journal of Mathematical Physics, Journal of Modern Dynamics, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General, Journal of Statistical Physics, Journal of the American Mathematical Society, Forum Mathematicum, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Mathematical Physics Electronic Journal, Mathematical Reviews, Nonlinearity, Physica D, Potential Analisis, Probability Theory and Related Fields, Stochastics and Dynamics, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, The Open Mathematics Journal, ZAMP.
* Acted as referee for the following istitutions: European Research Council (Europe), Royal Society (London, England), Agence Nationale de la Recherche (France), Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Universit&agrve e della Ricerca (Italy), National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (FONDECYT, Santiago, Chile), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (Canada), OTKA (Hungary), University of Bristol (England), Bryn Mawr College (Pennsylvania, U.S.A.), Queen Mary London University (London, England), University of Maryland (MD, USA), Universitè de la Mèditerranèe (Marseille, France), University of Padua (Italy), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel), University of Stony Brook (USA).
* Organizer, with Stefano Olla and Lai-Sang Young of "Workshop on the Fourier Law and Related Topics," April 4-8, 2011. Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada.
* Organizer, with Antonio Giorgilli, Stefano Marmi and Giancarlo Benettin of "Sistemi dinamici nonlineari e applicazioni." Pisa, Centro Ennio de Giorgi (Italy) 18-19 February 2011.
* Organizer of "A Dynamics Day in Tor Vergata." Roma, Dipartimento di Matematica, Universtià di Roma Tor Vergata (Italy) 11 February 2011.
* Organizer, together with Viviane Baladi and Gerhard Keller of the miniworkshop "Spectrum of Transfer Operators," Oberwolfach, Germany, November 2009.
* Organizer, with Stefano Olla, Pierre Picco and Sandro Vaienti of the workshop "Grefi-Mefi 2008, From dynamical systems to Statistical Mechanics", Marseille, February 2008.
* Organizer, with V.Baladi, J.Bricmont, P.Collet, F.Ledrappier, of the IHP trimester ``Time at Work", Paris (2005).
Organizer, together with G.Forni and R.de la Llave of the workshop "Recent and future developments in Hamiltonian Systems: theory and applications" at the Institut Henri Poincarè, Paris, 24-27 May 2005.
* Coordinator of the Inter-Group INDA Progamme ``Interacting dynamical Systems", (2003).
* Member of the Steering Commitee of the European Science Foundation Program ``Probabilistic methods in Non-Hyperbolic Dynamics" (PRODYN), 1998-2002.
* Organizer, with S.Luzzatto, A.Ambrosetti, M. Berti, of the School ``Geometric, Probabilistic, and Variational Methods in Dynamical Systems," SISSA, Trieste (january-march 2001)
* Organizer, with A.Celletti, L.Chierchia and G.Mancini, of the international conference ``Regular and unstable motion in Hamiltonian Systems", Rome, Italy from 5 to 9 Settembre 2000.
* Organizer, together with Viviane Baladi, of the ``Winter School on Smooth ergodic Theory", Sils-Segl-Maria (Switzerland) from 24-1-99 to 31-1-99.
* Organizer, together with D. Szasz and P. Choquard, of the ``Workshop on Hyperbolic Systems with Singularities," Vien, Austria, form 1 settembre 1996 to 30 dicembre 1996 at the Ervin Schr\"odinger Institute.
* Member of the Ph.D. Committee for Paolo Giulietti (Advisor, Roma-2011), Marco Discendenti (Advisor, Roma-2010), Agustine de Maere (Referee, Louvain-la-Neuve-2009), Loic Dubois (Referee, Paris-2009), Manuela Giampieri (Advisor, Roma-2006), Imre Peter Toth (Referee, Budapest-2006), S.Galatolo (Pisa, 2002), Benoit Saussol (Examinateur, Marseille, 1999) and Vèronique Maume-Deschamps (Rapporteur, Dijon, 1999).
Here is a more complete and updated vita in PDF format