Dynamical Systems: from geometry to mechanics
Rome, February 5-8, 2019
Aula Magna Gismondi
- Workshops and Conferences
- Dynamical Systems: from geometry to mechanics
This workshop aims to provide a forum for discussion, exchange and collaboration on the most recent advances in dynamical systems, from different perspectives. Addressed topics include:
- Complex Dynamics
- Ergodic Theory
- Hamiltonian and Symplectic Dynamics
- Smooth dynamics
- Topological Dynamics
The workshop is part of a series of scientific activities, organized by the Department of Mathematics of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, in the years 2018-2022, under the auspices of the program "Departments of Excellence", supported by the Italian Ministry of
Education, University and Research (MIUR).
- Marie-Claude Arnaud (Université d'Avignon, France), (Slides)
- Viviane Baladi (LPSM, Sorbonne University, France)
- Eric Bedford (Stony Brook University, United States of America)
- Pierre Berger (Université Paris 13, France)
- Rafael de la Llave (Georgia Institute of Technology, United States of America).(Slides)
- Santiago Diaz Madrigal (Universidad de Sevilla, Spain). (Slides)
- Christos Efthymiopolus: (Academy of Athens, Greece)
- Nuria Fagella (Universitat de Barcelona, Spain). (Slides)
- Albert Fathi (Georgia Institute of Technology, United States of America). (Slides)
- John Erik Fornaess (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway). (Slides)
- Vadim Kaloshin (University of Maryland, United States of America). (Slides)
- Stefano Luzzatto (Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy). (Slides)
- Stefano Marmi (Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Italy)
- Gabriella Pinzari (Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy)
- Jasmin Raissy (Université de Toulouse, France). (Slides)
- David Sauzin (CNRS-IMCCE, France). (Slides)
- Tere M-Seara (Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, Spain). (Slides)
- Amie Wilkinson (University of Chicago, United States of America)
Participation is free, but registration is necessary. To register, please follow this link.
The deadline is November 20, 2018. However, registration might be closed earlier, whenever the maximum capacity of the lecture room is reached.
A limited number of grants covering lodging expenses will be available.
The list of registered participants can be found here.
Titles and Abstracts
Venue and Lodging
The workshop will take place at the Department of Mathematics, University of Rome Tor Vergata. Directions can be found here.
Rome has a wide offer of hotels, B&Bs and other lodging arrangements, that can be easily searched and booked on-line. Possible suggestions are:
To reach the department, a convenient location would be close to a station of the metro line A.
Scientific and Organizing Committee
- Filippo Bracci
- Alessandra Celletti
- Carlangelo Liverani
- Alfonso Sorrentino