Topology of Data in Rome
September 15-16, 2022
Università di Roma "Tor Vergata"
The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers in applied topology with the purpose of shortening the distance between theoretical and applied aspects, with particular emphasis on TDA applications to deep learning.
- Katherine Benjamin University of Oxford, UK
- Ryan Budney University of Victoria, Canada
- Wojtek Chacholski KTH, Sweden
- Pawel Dłotko Dioscuri Centre of TDA, Poland
- Barbara Giunti Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Kelly Maggs École Politechnyque Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Anibal Medina Max Planck Institut für Mathematik, Germany
- Bastian Rieck AIDOS Lab, Germany
- Celeste Damiani
- Emile Jacquard
- Rayna Andreeva
- Carlo Collari
- Lugi Caputi
- Daniele Marchei
- Sebastian Gilbert
- Clemens Bannwart
- Leonid Fedorov
The Workshop will take place at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Rome "Tor Vergata" on 15-16 September, 2022. The event will include keynote presentations as well as a poster session. Details on the precise programme will be communicated in the next weeks. Candidates for the poster session are encouraged to send their titles and abstracts, 500 words maximum, to the organizers via email firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying full name, email address, and affiliation.
- abstract submission (poster) by August 15th, 2022
- notification of acceptance by August 31th, 2022
Each participant should register at link.
Poster session participants coming from abroad can apply by sending an email to the organizers for an accomodation bonus until funding exhaustion.
View schedule at link.
How to reach the venue
The workshop will take place in Aula "Dal Passo" at the Department of Mathematics, Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, 00133, Roma. Reaching the venue by urban lines: take underground red line A to Anagnina (stop: Anagnina). From here, choose among the Atac urban lines to the Mathematics Department:
- Line 20 express
- Line 500
- Line 46
OrganizersPaolo Salvatore, Sara Scaramuccia
The Workshop is hosted and funded by the Department of Mathematics of the Università di Roma "Tor Vergata" as part of its activities for the Excellence Project 2018-2022, awarded to the Department by M.I.U.R., under contract number CUP E83C18000100006. The event is in partnership with the Romads Center for Data Science.